Regionally, this year's Anzac Day will begin at 4.45am at the Armidale Ex-Services Memorial Club with traditional gunfire refreshments.
For those who may not know, gunfire is a traditional British military beverage, a mug of black tea laced with a shot of rum. It dates back to the late-19th Century. A Remembrance Service will follow at 5.25am at the club.
The Dawn Service in Armidale will be held in Central Park at 6am followed by:
- 6.30am Fellowship for veterans and service personnel at the club.
- 7am Breakfast for veterans and service personnel at the club.
- 8am Memorial service at Hillgrove.
- 8am Memorial service at Rose Garden UNE.
- 8.45am Memorial service at Dangarsleigh.
- 10am Assembly in Faulkner Street for march.
- 10.30am Anzac Day March.
- 11am Main commemoration service in Central Park.
- 12.30am Luncheon at Armidale Ex-Services Memorial Club.
- 9am Commemorative Service followed by morning tea Ben Lomond War Memorial Hall.
- 5.45am Dawn service at the Soldiers' War Memorial Hall.
- 9.00am Service at the MPS.
- 10.30am Anzac Day March (Bradley Street).
- 11am Main Services in the Soldiers' War Memorial Hall.
- 5.30am Form up at the Korean Memorial.
- 5.45am Dawn Service at Alma Park Soldiers Memorial Gates.
- 9.40am Assemble for march Uralla Literacy Institute.
- 9.50am Anzac Day march and main service.
Anzac Day stories:
- 5.20am Unveiling of deceased members graves at the Glen Innes Cemetery.
- 5.30am Dawn Service.
- 7am Gunfire breakfast at Glen Innes & District Services Club.
- 7.30am Travel to Deepwater to conduct march and commemorative service.
- 8.15am Form up at Deepwater Post Office.
- 8.30am Anzac Day March followed by morning tea.
- 9.20am Return to Glen Innes for March.
- 10.30am Form up in Grey Street.
- 11am Anzac Day march
- 11.30am Commemorative service at the cenotaph in Anzac Park followed by a luncheon at the services club.
- 10.30am March commences from the Post Office to the War Memorial Hall in Moore Street.
- 11am Service in front of cenotaph
- 6am Dawn Service.
- 10.30am Assembly to march at Tingha School Gates.
- 10.45am Anzac March.
- 11.00am Commemorative Service at Memorial Gates to be followed by lunch.
- 6am Dawn Service at monument.
- 10.30am Assemble for march cnr South and Hill streets.
- 11am Anzac Day service.
- 11.30am Form up and march to McHatton Park.
An Anzac service will also be held at 8am on Saturday April 27 at Saumarez Homestead.
Have your say.Click this link to send a letter to the editor.