Event times and details from around the region.
Bob Walsh Patrick “Paddy” Hynes established his first blacksmith shop in 1847 at the foot of the hill behind present-day Walsh Street.
Bob Walsh Ernest James “Ernie” Partridge was the proprietor of the last of several blacksmith shops that once traded within the town of Walcha. His smithy was in Hamilton Street where the Walcha Fire Station is now and it closed on his retirement in the mid-1950s.
Vanessa Arundale The Walcha Garden Club's annual community day
Vanessa Arundale Providing resources to help those who help others
Vanessa Arundale Science students create a tactile space
Vanessa Arundale Time to recognise the caring and compassionate work they do
Vanessa Arundale Help achieve a vision of a cancer-free future.
Bob Walsh The Rural Bank of NSW was formed in 1931 as part of the reconstruction of the Government Savings Bank of NSW, which had opened agencies at the Walcha Post Office on September 2, 1881, and at the Walcha Road Post Office on October 2, 1886.
Vanessa Arundale Tidal surges, flotsam and jetsam abound in this mixed media show
Deputy Prime Minister rejects call for a constitutionally-enshrined Indigenous body to influence policy in Canberra.
What a week of news for our region.
Leaked documents reveal the government's top health officials have joined a secret taskforce.
Patrick “Paddy” Hynes established his first blacksmith shop in 1847 at the foot of the hill behind present-day ...